There were more than 2700+ DIFFERENT SHAY locomotives designed. More than 2400 were unique. This is a modelers' opportunity to design a SHAY specifically to their preferred configuration in the scale of their choice. SEARAILS supplies the catalog of components, the modeler selects which are to be used in the collaborative process of the SHAY's production. SEARAILS produces and delivers a completely finished model to the client's specification.
The four images below are the first client's Custom Catalog Requests.
SHAY CAB COMPARISONS
Click on the image above to go to the CUSTOM CATALOG
SHAY CATALOG OPTION SELECTIONS
BASIC BODY AFT PILOT WOOD AP2 AFT LIGHT CARRIAGE AL4 FUEL BUNKER COAL FB1 OPEN CAB STEEL CT1 GRIT DOME (SALT) GD2 STEAM DOME (TALL) SD1 FUNNEL EX1 TALL FRONT LIGHT FL4 METAL FRONT PILOT FP3 LARGE BELL BL3 DRAWBAR COUPLER CF4
PARTS OF A SHAY
1. The purchase process begins when the client downloads the SHAY parts catalog.
2. Buyer selects their SHAY's scale, gauge & parts and submits a request for quote.
3. SEARAILS sends an 8.5 x11 paper blueprint of the Buyer's design with a quote.
4. If the quote is approved, an invoice is submitted.
5. When the invoice is paid SEARAILS initiates the buyer’s order and informs the buyer of an estimated shipping date depending on the existing purchase queue.
All bodies will be painted in flat black.
US MAIL: POB #366, VALLEY FORD, CA 95472
TEL #: 1-800-929-3361
PowerMAX! and the design for the PowerMAX! 6 volt powered model train chassis in 6.5mm and 9mm rail gauge is Patent Applied and the title PowerMAX! and designs for all its iterations and functions is copyright to SEARAILS